Thursday, May 22, 2008

wii fit

ok first off I need to tell you that well I am not by any means a gaming geek.....infact I rarely play an sort of video games and my husband is the same, but when the nintendo wii came out with interactive play, we both looked at each other and decided that we just HAD to get this gaming system, and so far it has been quite a bit of fun, and Kieona even likes to play some of the games like the mario kart.
Anyways I have been looking up on the internet the new realeses of games as well as their pro con list and I found the wii fit........you've got to be kidding me right? fitness in a gaming system? well I did some more research on it and it turns out its kind of fun, so I had mentioned to kirby that I wanted to get it whenever it was released. Well it was released yesterday......however I didn't set much store by it, because it took us forever to actually get a nintendo wii, so i figured that it would be the same for this wii fit game.
Well kirby walked in the door with it after work.......what a surprise. Its actually quite a bit of fun, right now I wouldn't call it a workout, but hey I have only tried a few of the activities out. There are quite a few activities too........the main categories are Strength training, aerobics, yoga, and balance and within each of those there are a few opened activities and once you acquire so much time within that specific category a new activity opens up......so far so good.......
Just though I'd let you all know =)

1 comment:

...Laura... said...

We have a Wii! lol... that sentence sounds funny. We got one the first week they came out, so we've actually had it for over a year and a half. We love it. My husband is a HUGE gamer geek, though... but this is the only thing he's been able to get me to consistantly play with him.

A lot of them are good work outs if you do it with a group of friends, which tends to get the energy levels and competetiveness (is that a word?) up... I tend to get sore after I play... but then again, I get a little crazy. One of these days, someone is going to video me playing wii tennis and post it on you tube. It's quite embarrasing!