I started to get some monster warning crampage on the morning of January 22nd as Kirby was going to work, but I wasn't altogether sure that I was going to go into actual labor so off to work he went.......I started having real contractions about 10am that were more or less 8 minutes apart so I waited for an hour to make sure it wasn't false labor and I called Kirby to come home at 11am, he got home about 11:30 we got the kids fed lunch and took them over to Bill and Jamie's house(Thank you guys SOOOO much for watching our monsters!), we left their house with intentions to run into town to get a couple things at the grocery store, but I decided that it wasn't going to be a good idea, at this time it was 1pm. We got home and I called my midwife to tell her my contractions were no further apart than 5 minutes and were lasting 1-1 1/2 minutes, but I was still able to talk thru them at this point......not 20 minutes later my contractions were back to back and I wasn't able to differentiate when one stopped and another started so I had Kirby call Traci(my midwife).
I then hopped into the shower, or rather crawled into it, as I was in so much pain from the back labor.....the shower does wonders for back labor let me tell ya! I had been in there about 10 minutes or so and I still had about 10-15 minutes before my midwife showed up and I felt the need to push......Yah fun times! Thankfully I was in the shower and the massaging of the shower head and the heat helped me to not push.....FINALLLY the midwife got there after what felt like forever and I was able to get the show on the road.......after about 20 minutes of pushing Out came our beautiful little girl, Quora(pronounced like Quota but replace the t with an r), she arrived at 3:22pm was 8 pounds 2 ounces, and was 20 1/4" long........She came out screaming....and not that muted baby scream mind you but a blood curdling, glass break scream.....yup I would say her lungs were in working order ! ;) Now for the pictures...ENJOY!
Kieona holding her new baby sister for the first time!
Kieona LOVES her baby sister, mom & dad have to fight her to get to hold Quora
Zaiden is pretty intrigued by Quora too and is becoming quite the helper
Kieona and Zaiden cuddling with Quora(who really is under that blanket somewhere!)



4 comments:
LOOK AT ALL THAT HAIR!!! i thought my baby had a lot of hair but i was sorrly mistaken. She's adorable. You are so brave. I don't think i could do it. Congratulations.
Congratulations. What a beautiful baby!
YAY!!! Sounds like it was pretty fast then!! Congrats again, how exciting to have a bebe in the house!! Cant wait to see her-when ever we get a chance to meet up again!!! :) She is BEAUTIFUL with a full head of hair!!! :)
I'm so glad she's finally here!! Look at all that HAIR!!! That's incredible. She is quite adorable:) Good luck! Looks like the kids are glad she's here, too ;)
Post a Comment