Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Packrat?

Garage sale!
What was I thinking? Seriously? That's what I was thinking when at nap time I began to pull various rubber maid totes out of the garage and began pricing stuff for my garage sale. UGH! But I have been putting it off for the last 2 years, so it's about time! I was planning on having one last weekend but well I was too lazy to go through everything and price it! So, I told myself that this weekend was going to be the weekend, regardless of the whole Mother's Day thing. I was sitting on the couch last night thinking well I could put it off till next weekend right? NOPE, next weekend I have a bunch of meetings to go to and Kirby has a wedding to go to......so that would push it off to the end of the month.....but by then the weather would be super nice and I would want to be camping, hiking, fishing, boating well anything for the most part rather than HAVE a yard sale......So this morning before I lost all my ambition I called the local newspaper and placed an ad for the weekend...there it is, No backing out now!

I had 5 LARGE rubbermaid Totes brimming full of clothing from the kids! Not to mention all of the clothing from kirb and I, as well as when Kirby and I moved in together we had multiples of EVERYTHING!, so that stuff has to go plus various other crap. I am just crossing my fingers that a bunch of people come and just wipe us out! that way I don't have to haul it off to goodwill, plus the money from it would be kind of nice too =)

It really is Amazing how much stuff a person can accumulate add 3 other people to that original one and WOW do you get a ton of stuff, plus factor in that 2 of those 4 people are kids and are growing out of clothes and shoes faster than you can buy them, UGH!

No comments: