So off we go back to Mission this weekend.......My major reason for going home is my cousin Jessica is coming back from San Diego, I haven't seen her in Years! When we were younger we were pretty much inseparable and now well we rarely get the chance to talk what with our busy lives and all. Then I found out that this weekend is Good Ol' Days.
I am a little anxious? maybe? I am looking forward to seeing people that I went to High School with, many of them I haven't seen since the day we were handed our diplomas. And well I wasn't the most Social person during High School, Especially my Senior year. I was told I had a "better than everyone attitude" when really it was "sick of school" attitude....I was ready to be done. Be done with the school I had went to, done with the town I grew up in, done with everything and I was ready to move on to bigger and better things.....So Maybe I did think I was better than everyone? who knows, But honestly I was just itching to get out! and now more than anything I wish I could go back to that area and raise our kids, unfortunately the economy there just wouldn't make it feasible to move home, maybe someday when we are a little more financially secure.
But I am sure the kids will enjoy the parade, especially the candy that will be thrown their way....and will like the dog races(if they have those anymore?) and all the other festivities that occur down in Rod's field......I will post pictures as soon as we get home from our excursion!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
so nice to hear from you How are you doing I'll have to check out your blog a little more to catch up. Hope your family is doing great!!
So how was good o'l days? My brother said it was "same ol' lame ol"
Post a Comment