I have worked in customer service my whole life, so it takes a lot to bewilder me. But Friday took the cake....
Kieona, Zaiden, my daycare kiddo Brooke, Kirby and I headed into town Friday afternoon after nap time. We had some errands to run and kirby had to become re-instated as an Independent Contractor.
One of our stops was Walmart, Kirby needed to get his watched fix so the kids and I meandered thru the store waiting for it to be done.....Zaiden was sitting in the designated seat, Brooke was sitting nicely on her bottom in the cart and Kieona was holding onto the side of the cart...Kieona asked if we could go look at toys, so off to the Toy Chaos we go! While Looking down an aisle of matchbox cars, The kids were pointing and jabbering away, none of the kids were being unruly or acting like monkeys they were just excited like well....like kids in a toy store =)
When along comes this lady.......she sees the 3 kids........2 of which look like twins(zaiden and brooke) and my protruding belly, and she snidely says "You're expecting another one?!" and I say "yup!" and much to my amazement she says "well I'm sure glad its you and not me!" at this point I'm just a little fed up, her attitude plus my pregnancy hormones just aren't mixing well. She turns to walk away and says to her daughter whom looks to be about 13 or 14, and she voices it just loud enough so I can hear...."Those are the people you have to watch out for, They take advantage of 'the system' and just live off of wellfare and medicaid, they live to have more kids" AND as she says this my blood is reaching the boiling point......I turn around and I say "excuse me, but my family and I DO NOT live off 'the system' we don't have medicaid, food stamps or any other sort of government offering! Maybe you should be more careful of how you act in front of your young impressionable daughter as she is the future."
So Seriously What the Heck?! Where do people get off saying this stuff to people, sure some peope may be thinking it, but its another thing to voice it! GRRRRRRRR
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
OMG Logan! I think just me, not even being pregnant or whatever, I would have went off, too! What a rediculous person. I really hate those types of people. Like she's probably just jealous because she couldn't handle more than one, and those are the people living off of the system, putting their kids on drugs, b/c THEY can't handle them theirselves! Wow... some people are soooo low! I'm glad you stuck up for yourself and your already "3" kids. lol Way to go! Woman Power! ;)
Some people are just dumb, and thank god they dont breed more ofter...good thing shes only got one child...i hope she makes it out without her mothers cruelty. You have a beautiful family and dont let anyone tell you diffrent, i think its awsome you stood up for yourself and your family!! i think you woulda without the pregnancy hormones honestly!! Your a very strong willed person and thats a good thing!!!!
Thank you for saying something to her! Last week I went to a publicity event with my husband and took the kids and I was getting them each a cookie from the refreshment table (they had both been extremely well-behaved the whole time) when some guy standing there points to my belly and, in all seriousness, says in a rather irritated tone, "You just don't learn, do you?" I said nothing for fear that if I started, it would end with expletives coming out of my mouth in front of my kids and perhaps some inappropriate slapping!
Post a Comment