I finally met my neighbors across the road, its only been a year :) They have 2 kids that are the same gender and ages as our kids! She just so happens needs someone to watch her two munchkins a couple days a week, and we have decided to swap child care, which give me a much needed reprieve from my oldest 2 kids, its not that I don't trust her with Quora but well Quora won't take a bottle yet! It's so nice to have some time during the week where I can go run errands or in my case this week begin a GIANT painting Project!
Sunday I found a GREAT deal on paint, $37 for 5 gallons of paint, which just so happens to be more than 1/2 price off the original! So we decided to buy the paint that we would need for our living/dining/kitchen area which was 2 5 gallon buckets plus paint to repaint our blue basement, and a few gallons to paint an accent wall! So I started painting Monday while zaiden was taking a nap and I did some more painting on Tuesday when the kids went to the neighbor's house.
Thursday I did some cleaning and organizing in one of the basement bedrooms, I went thru all the toys down there and condensed stuff and put a bunch of stuff together to give away...oh did I mention that we bought some carpet for the basement bedrooms! It should be installed in a couple weeks and I will post some pictures! I can't wait to get my basement finished
Friday I did some more cleaning and then we took off to bozeman, Kirby had a Doctor Appt there, and the kids and I did a little shopping and picked out a new kitchen faucet.
Today, Kirby's parents came down and brought a bunkbed set to use for the kids bedroom, their room is getting a little cramped with a full sized bed and a toddler bed, plus I would really like to put Quora's crib in there.....I know 3 kids in a room is a lot, BUT we only have 2 rooms on our main floor and Kieona is not ready to sleep in the basement by herself yet, and there is NO way I am going to have Zaiden down there by himself! SO we decided to put a bunkbed up for Kieona and Zaiden and then there would be room for Quora's crib in a month or two, but first I need to finish painting their room, but thats another project for in a week or so!
Kirby has also been working on new countertops for our kitchen and we installed them and our new faucet today! They are BEAUTIFUL, nice solid surface ones :)
Sunday I found a GREAT deal on paint, $37 for 5 gallons of paint, which just so happens to be more than 1/2 price off the original! So we decided to buy the paint that we would need for our living/dining/kitchen area which was 2 5 gallon buckets plus paint to repaint our blue basement, and a few gallons to paint an accent wall! So I started painting Monday while zaiden was taking a nap and I did some more painting on Tuesday when the kids went to the neighbor's house.
Thursday I did some cleaning and organizing in one of the basement bedrooms, I went thru all the toys down there and condensed stuff and put a bunch of stuff together to give away...oh did I mention that we bought some carpet for the basement bedrooms! It should be installed in a couple weeks and I will post some pictures! I can't wait to get my basement finished
Friday I did some more cleaning and then we took off to bozeman, Kirby had a Doctor Appt there, and the kids and I did a little shopping and picked out a new kitchen faucet.
Today, Kirby's parents came down and brought a bunkbed set to use for the kids bedroom, their room is getting a little cramped with a full sized bed and a toddler bed, plus I would really like to put Quora's crib in there.....I know 3 kids in a room is a lot, BUT we only have 2 rooms on our main floor and Kieona is not ready to sleep in the basement by herself yet, and there is NO way I am going to have Zaiden down there by himself! SO we decided to put a bunkbed up for Kieona and Zaiden and then there would be room for Quora's crib in a month or two, but first I need to finish painting their room, but thats another project for in a week or so!
Kirby has also been working on new countertops for our kitchen and we installed them and our new faucet today! They are BEAUTIFUL, nice solid surface ones :)
This is one our living room walls before I started painting!
The color on the right of the picture is the new color, its called "winter wheat" its the creamy color of eggnog, I still havent figured out how to paint above the stairs with out making a ginormous mess!
This is a picture of our old yucky laminate countertops, Note: the edging of the countertop is a different color than the cabinets, ITS NOT supposed to be like that!
Look at my new pretty faucet
The edging on our countertops is one of a kind we did an inlay, I don't know of anyone else that has done this around here!



5 comments:
Your kitchen is really beautiful. You were always amazing when it came to big projects!
Wow- you've been busy. It all looks great... though I think it looked pretty great before!
Nice that you met your neighbors... We've been here two years and are about to move and still haven't met some of our neighbors!
HUGE improvement in the kitchen. I love it!
Love love love all the new improvements!!! YAYAYA!! specially the countertops!!
And 3 kids in one room is ok!! we do it!! with a bund bed also!!
Post a Comment