We've always wanted a dog, so once we had moved into our new house we decided no better time like the present to adopt a dog. So we did. A male chocolate lab named "tonka" When we adopted him he wasn't neutered, which wasn't a too big of a problem or so we thought, until one very wintery day he found himself a girlfriend. After that we had to make sure he was hooked up to a cable outside or had a shock collar on and we were watching, otherwise he would run off. So we decided to get that fixed and made an appointment with the vet. A few days after he was a new dog, he now stuck around our property.
Until........
The last week or so he has been running off, but must not have been to far because if we go out and call his name he is back withing 5 minutes or so. However, today he ran off and never came back after I called him, not long after I came back inside from calling me, a truck pulled into the driveway. "OH GREAT!" I thought, as I had put a ad on Craigslist for a Garage sale, complete with directions to my house, for the sale I plan on having this weekend. I thought maybe this guy couldn't read and automatically thought it was today instead of on Saturday and Sunday. So when he knocked, I answered it with a not so pleasant attitude.
He asks me if I own the chocolate lab.........I want to say "NO" but well curious as I am I say a begrudgingly yeeess.....Come to find out the darn dog is wreaking havoc with his horses, and all I can think is, Oh great a horse person. Not that horse people are bad mind you, but this one is! He lives up the road in a super fancy house and thinks he is gods gift, so you can only imagine what he thinks of his horses, and to think they are being chased by an UNregistered dog, how disgraceful!
Now I begin to think life was soo much easier before our pets.....now if we decide to go anywhere for an extended period of time we have to line someone up to watch over our pets, or figure out how we are going to juggle taking a kitten and a dog as well as 2 kids with us.......my husband reminds me that we now have a suburban, which has more than adequate room for everything and everyone, but what he doesnt realize is to take 2 pets along with us, it's the same has having 2 extra kids, and the ones that don't listen! Which I have become fairly accustomed to with running a daycare, but well when we go somewhere, I don't want to have to run a three ring circus.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment