Ok, So it has been a LONG time since kirby and I have been able to go out and do something by ourselves with out any kids, and well it is starting to wear on our relationship. I'm sure that its not all due to the getting out by ourselves, but a little of it, plus maybe just getting out of the house and spending some much needed time together would help!
So I decided the Carrie Underwood concert in bozeman on Thursday would be a great time out for us. so I bought tickets about a month ago. I arranged for our friends to watch the kids, and I figured since we would be a little short on time due to the fact kirby doesn't get home from work till about 5:15, and give him a few minutes to get ready, and an hour drive time to bozeman would put us there at 6:30 and the concert starts at 7:30, I made reservations at a very nice restaurant and actually ordered our food so that it would be at the table no more than 5 minutes after we had arrived that way we could make it to the concert early enough. Mind you all this was going to be a surprise for kirby, I hadn't told him a word!
Until a few minutes ago, I got a call from him saying that he had to go to a counter top training certification in billings on Thursday! GO FIGURE! He couldn't understand why I was so upset, maybe it was due to the fact that I was pretty excited to go, plus I had put a lot of work and time into planning everything. Now I wasn't ready to give up yet, so I asked him what time his class was over in billings(maybe it would be early enough that we could at least make the concert!), nope no such luck the class went until about 6, and top that with at least 2 hours of drive time so that puts it at 8 or so, and thats if he doesn't stop anywhere for dinner!
So, I asked him if there was any way he could reschedule to go to this class another time, NOPE! apparently its a once a year class.......now wouldn't you think that a once a year class would have more planning into it? which would mean that they would advertise for it a bit earlier than 1 week! or not even 1 week? I would certainly hope so! Grrrrrrrrr
I don't think I will plan anything ever again! Seems as though each time I plan something for a surprise, it ALWAYS gets ruined, not one damn time do we actually carry through on my plans and its really starting to grate on my damn nerves!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Dont get discouraged!! Im really sorry you didnt get to go, you really did put alot into that night, amazing job!! Did you ever tell Kirby that you had all that planned???
Post a Comment